Getting to the Conference Venue
Athens Royal Olympic Hotel is located in 28-34 Athanasiou Diakou Street. The closest metro station is Acropolis. From Acropolis Station the Hotel is 200m away, walking along Athanasiou Diakou Street.
From Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” to the conference venue by metro:
You will board the Metro from the Airport’s Station and get off at Syntagma Station. At Syntagma Station you switch lines in the direction of Ag. Dimitrios and get off at the first Station, the "Acropolis Station".
The Athens Mass Transit System consists of a large bus fleet, a trolleybus fleet that mainly serves the downtown area (city center), the city's Metro, a tram line connecting the southern suburbs to the city centre, and the Athens commuter rail service.
- Bus (www.oasa.gr): The urban buses that are under the authority of the OASA (organization of urban transport of Athens) connect all Municipalities of Athens and Piraeus. The Athens metropolitan area is also served by trolleybuses - or electric buses.
- Athens Tram (www.tramsa.gr): The tram network covers ten suburbs of Athens. This network runs from Syntagma Square to the southwestern suburb of Palaio Faliro, where the line splits in two branches; the first runs along the Athens coastline toward the southern suburb of Voula, while the other heads toward the Piraeus district of Neo Faliro.
- Attiko Metro (www.amel.gr): The Athens Metro is more commonly known in Greece as the Attiko Metro joins together with the Athens-Piraeus Electric rail and the Proastiakos suburban and it has 2 lines. The Red Line (line 2) runs from Aghios Antonios to Aghios Dimitrios and covers a distance of 10.9 km. The Blue Line (line 3) runs from the western suburbs, namely the Egaleo station, through the central Monastiraki and Syntagma stations to Doukissis Plakentias avenue in the northeastern suburb of Halandri, covering a distance of 16 km, then ascending to ground level and reaching Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport, using the Suburban Railway infrastructure.
- Electric railway (ISAP - www.isap.gr): The Electric Railway Company (ISAP) line, which for many years served as Athens' primary urban rail transport. This is today the Green Line (line 1) of the Athens Metro network and unlike the red and blue routes running entirely underground, ISAP runs either above-ground or below-ground at different sections of its journey. It forms the oldest line of the Athens metro network connecting the port of Piraeus with the northern suburb of Kifissia.
- Integrated Ticket: 1,40€ Reduced: 0.70€
This is valid for multiple trips on all public transport options, in urban zone (buses, trolleys, tram, metro, suburban railway), in any direction for up to 90 minutes. This ticket is not valid on express bus lines to the airport and on Varkiza-Saronida section of route E22.
- One Way Ticket: 1.20€ Reduced: 0.60€
This is valid only on buses and trolleys for only one trip.
Points of sale:
- at metro, tram, suburban railway stations
- at blue/yellow ticket offices
- at many newsstands.
Airport Express Bus Lines Ticket: 5€ Reduced: 2.50€
Points of sale:
- from the drivers of the airport buses
- at all metro and blue ticket offices
Metro and Suburban Railway
- Metro and Suburban Railway Ticket: 8€ Reduced: 4€
- Return Ticket (within 48 hours): 14€
- Group Ticket for 2: 14€
- Group Ticket for 3: 20€
Points of sale:
- at all metro and suburban railway stations.
The above tickets are valid for travel with all public transport means within 90 minutes.
Transportation to conference events
- Monday’s welcome reception will be held at Ioannis Restaurant in the roof garden of Royal Olympic, the main conference venue. The closest metro station is Acropolis (red line).
- Tuesday’s poster session will be held in Technopolis which is located approximately 500 meters away from metro station Keramikos (blue line).
- Wednesday’s banquet will be held at Ioannis Restaurant in the roof garden of Royal Olympic, the main conference venue. The closest metro station is Acropolis (red line).
- Thursday’s farewell part will take place at the "Acropolis Museum". The closest metro station is Acropolis (red line).